Located in one of the most picturesque beaches on the coast of Mirissa in Sri Lanka. Lantern seeks to redefine the luxury boutique holiday experience by engaging our guests on a more personal level.
Just 154 km away from Colombo and 180 km from the Colombo International Airport. Approximate travelling time is 180 minutes via expressway from the Bandaranayake International Airport.
The Lantern Beach Collection consists 20 guest rooms and 2 suites. Lantern Boutique Hotel comprising of 6 rooms and two separate Beach Villas know as Ubuntu Beach Villas by Lantern with 16 rooms in total. Each Ubuntu Beach Villa consists of 8 rooms each.
FINDING YOUR WAY
- Car – Take the new Colombo Highway to Matara, exit and drive to Kamburugamuwa Beach, just 7 minutes back towards Mirissa along the Galle-Matara Coastal road.
- Train – From Colombo (Fort Station) bound to Matara, alight at Kamburugamuwa Station. Take a Tuk-Tuk or walk a short distance to Lantern.
- Tuk-Tuk- For your convenience, you can take a Tuk-Tuk service from outside the hotel to explore the surrounding towns and beaches.
- Bus – A direct bus service is available from Colombo (Matara/Hambantota bound), alight at Kamburugamuwa Junction. Walk or take a Tuk-Tuk 200mtrs to Lantern.
- Seaplane – You can take Sea Planes from around Sri Lanka which land in either Koggala or Dickwella, approximately 45min from the Lantern and take a car from there.
- Taxi/Limo – We partner with selected transport providers to ensure the quality of your vehicle and service. Transport can be arranged from any location within Sri Lanka to or from the Lantern. Simply make an inquiry and advise the number of passengers and any special requests and we will recommend a suitable vehicle type (from basic or luxury cars to minivans, and buses).
We will communicate with our driver en-route you can pre-order your desired cocktail or meal, which will be waiting for you on arrival. Please select your transport requirements when booking.
All your transport needs are just a call away.