Over the past few years, each of our hotels has taken several initiatives to help, conserve and enrich the environment and its surrounding culture. Hotel Sigiriya leads the way largely because of its location in an area that is rich in bio diversity and houses myriad flora and fauna.
Our commitment to the green initiative has enabled us to analytically plan out, implement, collate and document all the activities of our hotels in consultation with an environmental expert. We now have an overarching set of conservation-based programmes, supported by regular audits and backed by ongoing training programmes for the staff. In this way, we have ensured that conservation and environmental management has been integrated into our daily management. We are committed to:
– Conserving energy
– Conserving water
– Minimising solid waste
– Minimising greenhouse gas emissions and air pollution
– Minimising other chemical pollution
– Maximising practices of reducing, recycling and reusing
– Maximising the use of environment-friendly materials
– Maximising indigenous flora in landscaping and eradicating invasive alien species
– Conserving biodiversity
– Supporting local livelihoods.